Welcome fall with a rich chocolate treat
My favorite hot chocolate isn’t for the faint of heart. If you don’t absolutely adore chocolate, you may want a different recipe… but if drinking a melted candy bar sounds like your cup of non-tea, then I’ve got the mug for you.
Decadent Drinking Chocolate
• 6 ounces semi sweet or dark chocolate (you can use chopped fine chocolate or chocolate chips)
• 3 cups whole milk (or half & half / heavy cream if you reallllly want a treat)
• 4 tsp brown sugar (more or less to taste)
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• Whipped cream & toppings
- Heat milk in a sauce pan or small pot over low to medium heat, careful not to boil.
- Add chocolate and sugar to warmed milk and stir continuously as it melts.
- Allow mixture to thicken over heat, continuing to stir for several minutes. Be careful not to boil or allow chocolate to stick to the bottom of the pan & burn.
- Serve immediately, top with whipped cream & enjoy!
Create a festive atmosphere using special mugs and small bowls of fun toppings. We’ve used crushed peppermint, chocolate shavings, sprinkles, and even cinnamon candies in the past. Light a pumpkin spice candle, listen to your favorite tunes, and dress in your comfy best to celebrate the start of this beautiful season.